Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Metacognitive Thinkning

In my essay, I changed some nouns to bigger ones, and I rearranged some sentences so they made more sense to the reader. Sharing my essay with an adult helped the most because they gave me the most advice. My dad read the paper and explained to me how it didn't make sense and how I should change it so it did make sense. This was the most helpful because it corrected the most on my essay. The peers' reviews were just grammatical errors, but the adult checking gave me more ideas on how to word things and re-write sentences. Adult checking will help me a lot but I think peer review could improve if we are given better guidelines to check from. The things we are supposed to check can't be vague because I want to really help my partner and I can't do that if I don't know what I am supposed to be checking. I have room to grow as a writer and some examples are, using bigger nouns instead of small, common ones. Another is to make sentences that make more sense by using proper transitions in sentences and putting my thoughts into words in a way that the reader can understand what I am trying to tell them.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that sharing with your dad helped the most. I ALWAYS shared with my dad because he was a grammar stickler, and he was always a huge help. Thank you for your insight on the peer review. I thought my instructions were clear to only review and look for the items on the checklist (not MUGS). I will address this more clearly next time. I like your goals. We should probably work on those as a whole class! Also, I like your swimming fish! :)

    ReplyDelete